Wednesday, May 9, 2007

When is it time to give up?

I sit at my computer this morning trying to figure out how best do I write what I am thinking. Maybe I am not really sure, but lately I have become more and more dispondent with the church that I have been attending over the past 7 years, truly it is because I am not sure I am 100 percent on board with the direction things are going their. At first I was somewhat concerned with my feelings because I wasn't sure I should feel this way. However after talking with some of my friends I am beginning to find out many of them are feeling the same way. It's hard because so many of my fondest memories of my christian life were thru something at this church, and change is always difficult.

The biggest thing I have trouble with is when I first started attending this church people went there because the wanted to worship God, and hear Christ's word preached, and I generally felt that when I walked out of that place on sundays. Now some sundays I find myself figuring out what I should do in the mornings, I don't feel bad if I miss a sunday or two because of a softball game. I hate feeling that way. So I return to my question in the title.

No comments: